Join the GCNWI You-and-Me Trip: The First Step in the Travel Progression
Following the success of the 2018 GCNWI You-and-Me trips, we have added a brand new trip in 2019 to St. Louis, Missouri! Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes travel with their mom, grandma or favorite female adult friend for a 3-day, 2-night trip.
The group will check out the awesome City Museum, ride to the top of the Gateway Arch, take a riverboat tour, and see the animals at the famous St. Louis Zoo.
The St. Louis You-and-Me Trip will take place July 27 – 29, 2019. You must secure your spot before Jan. 31, 2019 with a $150 deposit!
The total cost is approximately $300 per person, and includes coach bus, accommodation, multiple meals, and activities. Accommodations are in shared-suites at Embassy Suites in Downtown St. Louis.
Fun Facts About St. Louis
Brought to you by Mental Floss
- One of the most popular tourist attractions in St. Louis is the Gateway Arch. On a clear day, visitors can see almost 30 miles in each direction from the top. While you’re taking in the views, don’t panic if the arch feels like it’s moving. The structure was designed to sway as much as 18 inches and to withstand earthquakes.
- Artist Bob Cassilly created the City Museum in 1997, and it is a giant playground/jungle gym made from salvaged architectural and industrial objects!
- The 1904 World’s Fair, which was hosted at the St. Louis Zoo, was the first time the world saw electric plugs, the X-ray machine, and the ice cream cone.
- St. Louis is the home of the toasted ravioli and there’s a restaurant that has over 25 flavors of RANCH DRESSING!
- Famous faces from St. Louis include: Maya Angelou, Phyllis Schlafly, Actresses Ellie Kemper and Jennifer Fisher, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Tina Turner and Girl Scout alum Karlie Kloss!
Don’t forget: Registration closes when trips are full or on Mar. 31 for both St. Louis and Door County!