You already know Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with your friends, but did you know it can also help you sell Girl Scout Cookies? Social media is a fun and easy way to market your cookie sale in today’s digital world.
Marketing is important to let your customers know what you’re selling, when you’re selling and where you’re selling.
As always, be sure to follow the rules of Internet sites, including rules based on age of use, parental approval and knowledge, and public laws. Don’t forget to talk about guidelines for going online with your parent or guardian and take the Girl Scout Internet Safety Pledge.
Now that you’re a full-blown cookie professional, check out some tips to share your pride, goals and accomplishments online to help boost your sales:
1) Share your story. Tell people who you are, why you’re a #CookieBoss and what you love about Girl Scouts. Do you have a goal to sell a certain number of boxes this year? Do you want to go camping, or are you saving up to travel abroad with your cookie money? Be sure to include that information as well! Be sure to tell people what you plan to do with your earnings to help them make a connection.
2) Share your inventory. Help your costumers discover a new favorite or reconnect with an old classic by telling them about the cookies you carry. Ask friends to vote for their favorite flavor. Meet someone with a food allergy? Ask them if they’ve heard about Toffee-tastic, our gluten-free variety. If they don’t want to purchase cookies for themselves, tell them about our Gift of Caring that sends cookies to women and men in the armed forces.
3) Share the five skills. You know the ones: goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics. Show them what these skills look like in action with plenty of photos. Use the hashtag #5skills to share stories of growth and learning through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
4) Share the love. Word of mouth is the best way to let people know about your business. Recruit everyone you know to spread the word about what the Girl Scout Cookie Program does for girls just like you! Did you learn a new skill? Did you try something for the very first time as a Girl Scout? Are you planning to surpass your cookie goal of last year and use that cookie money to take a once-in-a-lifetime trip with your troop? Let your friends and family know how excited you are to be a Girl Scout!
5) Share our posts. We’re here to help you. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for fun, shareable posts you can use to market your cookie sales to your online followers and follow our blog for more helpful tips.
Do you have cookie stories you want to share with the council? Are you saving your cookie money to make an impact in your community, travel abroad or go camping for the very first time? Let us know what you’re doing with your cookie money for the chance to be featured on our social media channels! Send your stories, pictures or videos to email@example.com.